Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spotlight: Paul (Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Seth Rogen)




I saw Paul on Saturday evening and I have to say I very much so enjoyed it. The plot was very well thought out and the cast was amazing. This movie was directed by Greg Mottola and produced by Nira Park, Tim Bevan, and Eric Fellner. It was written by main actors, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost

 









I do not want to spoil it but I will just give you who the actors are, so you have something to know about it before you decide to go to it or not. Our lead actors are Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as they embark on their nerdy road trip in the United States while on vacation from Europe after their attendance at the annual Comic-Con convention. Our alien in the film is voiced by Seth Rogen and must say, although it is mostly just a voice lending role. Seth did some of the CGI work for is character but it was Joe Lo Truglio who was the stand-in actor for Paul. Saturday Night Live cast member, Kristen Wiig plays one of the main female roles as a creationist Christian and did a very good job at it. Some of the agents were played by Jason Bateman(ex-Arrested Development, Juno), Bill Hader(Superbad, Tropic Thunder, Adventureland), and Joe Lo Truglio(Reno 911!, Pineapple Express, Role Models). Blythe Danner plays the person who was first in contact with Paul as Tara when she is older. The last cast member I want to tell you about is Sigourney Weaver. As always she plays a big mean bitch, like in Be Kind Rewind and Holes, but she is a very well known actor as the main role in the Aliens series.

 
This movie is one of my new favourite movies and is definitely my favourite movie with Seth Rogen. I know all you people are going to say, “What!?” but the fact is I find this movie his most serious movie. I’m just tired of some of his roles; I think it’s just that one can only endure so much of his stupidity. Of course as in all his movies, he does light up a joint in this movie but I am sure that this is his most intellectual role as an actor. So sue me!

All in all this is an amazing movie and I hope to see more of this success from Pegg and Frost. I hope everyone goes to see it and I hope you enjoy the review. If you have any suggestions as to how I could make movie reviews written better please comment below and tell me, as I would love your advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment