Monday, February 27, 2012

Review of The Art of Destruction by Desaster


1. Intro
2. The Art of Destruction
3. Lacerate (With Rans of Doom)
4. The Splendour of the Idols
5. Phantom Funeral
6. Queens of Sodomy
7. At Hell's Horizon
8. Troops of Heathens, Graves of Saints
9. Possessed and Defiled
10. Beyond Your Grace
11. Outro

The black metal band, Desaster, are back with their seventh full length album, The Arts of Destruction. The band was formed in 1988 and the line up, as it has been since returning hiatus, is Satanic on vocals, Infernal on guitar, Odin on bass, an Tormentor on Drums. The album was recorded at ToxoMusic Studios and mixed and mastered at Temple of Disharmony.

Having never heard these guys before, as I haven’t heard of many of the things I review, I must say I was extremely satisfied. Desaster know how to keep old school black metal alive with fast, in your face riffs but can also bring you slow but dark riffs as well. Not to mention the drumming is menacing and is a great addition. The vocals are very evil and demonic as well. I am not going to chose a favourite song off of this album because I think in their own way, each of these songs are amazing. I am glad some of these older black metal bands are still going strong and bringing out new music. If you are a fan of black metal you should check this album out.


No comments:

Post a Comment